- What is monolatry?
- If Israel believed that many gods existed, why was their God Yahweh the only deity worthy of worship?
- What does Psalm 95 tell us about what the Israelites believed?
- If the Israelites were monolatrous, how do they explain the greatness of Yahweh?
- Where did the divine name come from? And what’s up with “Lᴏʀᴅ”?
- Who is the king of all of the gods?
- How do the plagues help us understand the theology of monolatry?
- What’s with the beef between Yahweh and the egyptian gods?
- What did fertility have to do with theology in the ancient world?
- What does monolatry have to do with all the idol talk in the bible?
- What do the judgements passed on the kings of Israel have to do with worshiping the gods of other nations?
- Who is the Satan in God’s heavenly board meeting?
- What is the Divine Council?
- What do we do with these images of heavenly board meetings and divine councils in the Bible?
- How is god talked about in ancient tribal cultures and how do we respect that?
Mentioned in this episode:
- Bible Verse: Psalm 95
- Bible Verse: 1 & 2 Kings
- Bible Verse: Psalm 82
- Support: The Bible for Normal People Patreon
Powered by RedCircle