This week’s guest is Kent Sparks, professor of biblical studies and provost at Eastern University. Our discussion is all about the mystery of Israel’s origins. And it is a mystery. The exodus and conquest of Canaan (Exodus through Joshua) are central to Israel’s identity, and are certainly informed by old traditions and authentic historical memory—but they not historical accounts in the modern sense. How and when, historically speaking, Israel stepped out onto the world stage is a huge mystery, though we have some clues to piece together a compelling picture.
- A Story of 2 Very Stupid Spies Who Almost Ruined Everything
- B4NP Podcast Episode 29: “The Gospels as Memories of Jesus” with Anthony Le Donne
- Christians in Politics: It’s about Holding Powers to a Higher Standard
- B4NP Podcast Episode 28: “Jesus and Divine Violence” with Greg Boyd
- We All Have a History. Even God.