This week’s topic is Jewish ways understanding what the Bible is, namely what it means to speak of the Bible as “revealed” and “authoritative.” Our guest is Benjamin D. Sommer, professor of Bible and ancient Semitic languages at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York City. His latest book is Revelation and Authority: Sinai in Jewish Scripture and Tradition. Christians have much to learn from Jews about how to understand the nature of the Bible.
- A Story of 2 Very Stupid Spies Who Almost Ruined Everything
- B4NP Podcast Episode 29: “The Gospels as Memories of Jesus” with Anthony Le Donne
- Christians in Politics: It’s about Holding Powers to a Higher Standard
- B4NP Podcast Episode 28: “Jesus and Divine Violence” with Greg Boyd
- We All Have a History. Even God.